Most provinces and territories of Canada have agreements with the government to nominate applicants who want to settle in their specific region. General Requirements:
- Intent and ability to become economically established in the province of application.
- Full-time permanent Job Offer in an eligible occupation (if applicable).
- Sufficient settlement funds.
- Appropriate skills, training and accreditations required for the job.
- English Proficiency: CLB 5- NOC O, A, B and CLB 4- NOC C, D.
- LMIA may be required.
- Expression of Interest may require.
- Failed and In-process refugee or H&C Claim.
- Got removal Order
- Caregivers and seasonal workers
- Inadmissible for Misrepresentation and Criminal record.
- Job Offer affects a Labor dispute in progress.
- Nominated but didn’t apply for PR within 6 months.
Provinces can nominate candidates to become permanent residents of Canada. Each province has its own categories based on their needs, under which each qualified candidate would have the option of applying. If you are applying to immigrate to Canada through the Express Entry Program and you are nominated by a province as well, this may significantly speed up the process of been invited to apply for Permanent Residency.
This program is for workers who:
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements. For example, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target:
- Business People
- Skilled Workers
- Semi-Skilled Workers
The following Provinces and Territories participate in Provincial Nominations:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Alberta Alberta is known for its beauty but apart from that Alberta has one of the strongest and proudest history of university education. This province has an amazingly diverse culture. There are so many reasons to select Alberta as your province. British Columbia This province comes in the list of top cities of global rankings for livability and quality of life. It is home to more than 152,000 students from across the globe who are studying at all levels. Overall, it has superior education, extraordinary quality of life, friendly and diverse people and it has the mildest weather in Canada.
- Work and immigration-related opportunity
- Quality of life and advancement
- If you are talented and innovative- this place has a lot to offer.
- Quality of education and guarantee placements
Alberta has the following three types of PNP program:
- Express Entry: In order to apply under this category, applicant must have an Express Entry Profile under one of the federal PR programs and score 300 points.
- Self-Employed Farmer: This category is for business person with net worth of $500,000, who has experience and training in Farming.
Applicants who have a valid job offer with experience can apply under this category.
For more details on these programs, click here
- Skilled Worker: Applicants with 2 years of work experience and job offer in NOC O, A and B can apply.
- Health Care Professional: Applicants who has a job offer from a public health authority as Nurse, Psychiatric, midwives, specialist can apply. They must have 2-years of related work experience.
- International Graduate: Graduated with a post-secondary degree and have a job offer in NOC O, A, B
Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker:
- International Post-Graduate: Job Offer is not required, must be a graduate in health science, natural or applied from a Masters or doctoral program.
This stream is for people working in NOC C or D.
The applicant should have job offer of at least 1 year from tech occupation in B.C.
Strategic Projects: It includes investment of $500,000 and may bring 5 Key employees. Entrepreneur:
To apply under Entrepreneur, one should have pass marks of 63 points and 32 points in the business concept section. Entrepreneur Regional Pilot:
Minimum requirement is 34 points with net worth of $300,000. For more details on these programs, Click here Manitoba Manitoba is popular for its diverse economy and high employment rates, it has a vibrant culture with plenty of natural beauty. One can get a world class education in this province while sustaining themselves with a high standard living that costs less than other major cities in Canada.
- Skilled Worker Overseas:
- Express Entry: A person having experience for six months in in-demand occupation can apply.
- Human Capital: If a person does not have experience in in-demand occupation then they can apply in Human Capital Stream
- Work Experience Category: If the duration of experience is 6 months then the job must be related to studies and comes under in-demand occupation. If the duration of experience is 12 months, then it need not be related to studies.
- Graduate Internship: Should have Masters or PhD from Manitoba along with an internship.
- Student Entrepreneur Stream: If a person owns more than 50% in business and has worked as a senior manager for 6 months before nomination, you are eligible to apply.
- Entrepreneur: Investment required is $250,000 within Manitoba Capital Region and $150,000 outside Regina. Also, minimum ownership of the applicant should be 33.33%
- Farm Investor: Must have farm ownership and work experience for 3 years before applying.
For more details on these programs, Click here. New Brunswick
New Brunswick is a beautiful Maritime province replete with rivers, mountains, pine forests, and the glorious Bay of Fundy where travelers from around the world enjoy whale-watching. It has several cities brimming with opportunities and is an overall great place to settle into.
Following PNP programs are offered as per the applicant’s experience and education.
For more details on these programs click here
- Express Entry
- Skilled Worker with Employer Support
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial
Newfoundland and Labrador
Newfoundland and Labrador form the most easterly province of Canada. Food is one of the major attractions here. This province has a very reasonable cost of living.
It offers a wide range of PNP options; such as,
For more details on these programs, click here.
- Express Entry Skilled Worker
- Skilled Worker
- International Graduate
- International Entrepreneur
- International Graduate Entrepreneur
Northwest Territories and Nunavut Northwest Territories is Situated in northern Canada between Yukon and Nunavut, it is a land with extreme beauty and opportunities as it is the site of intense economic activity such as Diamond mining, oil and gas industries. The market forecasts 28,500 to 36,700 job openings in the NWT over the next 12 years. It also offers adventure opportunities such as hiking, canoeing, flightseeing etc.
- Requirements for Skilled Worker and Express Entry: Should have a profile in Express entry under one of the eligible programs.
- For Semi-skilled workers: The only difference in this category is that the job offer could be in NOC C or D and should have worked for 6 months before applying.
- Entrepreneur: Ownership requirement is 33.33% and investment required is $1,000,000.
For more details on these programs, Click here
Nova Scotia Nova Scotia is one of North America’s seacoast destinations. Here, you will experience a recreational paradise along with academic innovation and tradition. The province upholds excellence in education, which, coupled with our relaxed lifestyle, make it a popular destination for international students.
- Skilled Worker: As the name suggests, this category is for people working in NOC O,A,B.
- Semi-Skilled and Low-Skilled Worker: NOC C and D are considered under this stream with other eligibility requirements.
- Physician: This is specifically for NOC 3111/3112. Must have an approved opportunity from Health authorities.
- Labour Market Priorities: Job offer NOC and criteria will depend on the province needs for each draw.
Occupations in NOC C and in demand will be eligible.
Entrepreneur: Net worth required is $600,000 with an investment of $150,000. International Graduate Entrepreneur:
Should own at least 33.33%
For more details on these programs,
Click here. Ontario Ontario is a province in east-central Canada that borders the U.S. and the Great Lakes. It is home to Ottawa, Canada’s capital. It is popular for its major attractions like CN Tower, Royal Ontario Museum etc. It is also famous for its world class education. It has more than 20 universities, 26 colleges and 150 apprenticeship trades with a population of over 13.5 million, Ontario offers more job opportunities than other Canadian provinces.
To provide you with some insight, in Ontario (where Merit services has its Head Office) the following “streams” are available as of March 2020. These Streams “close” and “open” based on economic assessments.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is currently accepting applications under the following streams as of March 2020.
The following OINP streams are closed
to applications as of March 2020
- Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
- Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
- Masters Graduate Stream
*To apply under Ontario’s Express Entry streams, you must have a profile in the federal government’s Express Entry system and receive a Notification of Interest from Ontario.
Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island is the smallest and least populous province in Canada. Only 140,000 people live in this province. If you want to live peacefully, without any hassle or busyness, you should move to this province. Prince Edward Island is a small province with a lower crime rate. You will get an excellent education quality there.
Following are the programs offered:
For more details on these programs, Click here. Saskatchewan Saskatchewan is situated in the western part of Canada. This state is well known for its art research and innovative facilities. If you are looking for quality education at affordable prices this province is for you.
- Skilled Worker
- Critical Worker
- International Graduate
- Express Entry
- Entrepreneur-Work Permit
Apart from that few reasons why you should choose Saskatchewan as your province:
Saskatchewan offers a wide variety of streams for SINP. Following are the programs available:
- Fast-growing economy
- Express entry
- Low employment rate
- Fun-loving lifestyle
Note: This stream is not for Post-Graduate Work Permit Holders.
- Existing Work permit: This program is for those who are already working in Canada on a valid Work permit. Work should be in Saskatchewan for at least six months.
- Skilled Worker with Job Offer: This program is for those who have a valid job offer in a skilled occupation in Saskatchewan.
- Skilled Worker Occupation In-Demand: This Program is for those who do not have a job offer in Saskatchewan but are highly skilled in an in-demand occupations.
- Students: This program is for those who have graduated from Canada. This category is further divided into two categories based on the province of graduation. Is it either Saskatchewan or any other place in Canada.
- Long-Haul Truck Drivers: This category is for applicants who are working with a trucking company from Saskatchewan and having a job offer from the same company.
- Hospitality Sector Project: Must have 6 months of Experience in Housekeeping, Food counter attendant, and Food Server to apply under this stream.
- International Graduate Entrepreneur: Applicants must be living in Saskatchewan and the minimum age requirement is 21. The applicant should have actively operated business in SK for at least one year.
- Entrepreneur: The applicant can establish, buy, or partner in an SK business with a net worth of $500,000.Investment Requirements: $300,000 in Regina and Saskatoon OR $200,000 for any other city in SK. Ownership should be 33.33 % of 1,000,000 investments.
- Farm Owners and Operators The applicant should have a net worth of $500,000 and deposit $75,000 in good faith.
For more details on these programs, Click here. Yukon Yukon is a territory in Northwest Canada. It is the place of mountains, forests, rivers, and glaciers is enough to energize your soul. It is the best place for outdoor adventures, participating in cultural events and festivals while studying you’ll find it in the Yukon.
- Skilled Worker: If you have a job offer and completed studies from Yukon, you might be eligible to file an application under this category.
- Critical Impact Worker: Must have job offer in NOC C, D and should demonstrate 6 months of experience in the same field.
- Business Applicant: Net worth required under Business category is $500,000 with $300,000 in liquid assets.
- Express Entry: Express Entry for Yukon is similar to other provinces. Must create an EE profile and have job seeker code.
- Community Pilot Program: To apply for pilot program, one must have 2-3 part time job offers from up to 3 different employers.
For more details on requirements and eligibility, click here.