As of June 18, 2019, a new caregiver program was launched with the following key points:
- Allows to apply for Work Permit along with Permanent Residency
- Family of Caregiver can also come to Canada now!
- NO LMIA Required
- Low IELTS Score!
The Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot are 5-year pilot programs that let qualified caregivers and their family members come to Canada to become permanent residents.
- Minimum of 1-year Post-Secondary Diploma
- 1-year of relevant experience
- Minimum CLB 5 in English Proficiency test
Once the caregiver comes to Canada on a work permit, they work for 2 years and submit their proof of experience to process their PR for final submission.