Bridging Open Work Permit

  • Post author:
  • Post category:Immigration

The applicant who has their Permanent Residency application in the process under Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Class, the Federal Skilled Trades (FST) Class, the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or one of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) , can apply for a bridging open work permit while waiting for the decision on their application.

Timeline: Must apply within 4 months before the expiry of their current work permit.


1.      Must be present in Canada.

2.      Valid work permit while applying for BOWP

3.      Must have applied under FSW, FST, CEC, or PNP